Hey y’all so that special time of year is coming and for all of you who are excited for Cupid and all the love and romance he brings, I have a recipe you’ll love. It’s super easy and super cute, making it perfect for Galentine’s Day, a romantic date night, or preparing a snack for the kids’ school. XO Rice Krispies are a delicious and fun treat anyone will love.
Pink and/or red food coloring
1 box Rice Krispies cereal
1 bag of marshmallows
XO cookie cutters (Not necessary, you can form these by hand)
- In a medium sprayed or buttered sauce pan, melt the marshmallows over low-medium heat until fully melted.
- Add in the box of cereal.
- Mix well.
- Spread out into a wax-paper lined pan.
- Use cookie cutters or your hands to create XO shapes.
You can find this original recipe here: https://www.bangtutor.me/2019/09/cranberry-apple-cider-sangria-drinks.html and I think this is just perfect for these cooler winter months.
- 1 bottle of red wine, I prefer a Cab, but a red blend would work nicely as well
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice (get the 100% juice, not the concentrate version)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cranberries (I use fresh since they’re so easy to find right now)
- sparkling water
- 1 cup diced apple cubes
- cinnamon sticks for presentation
Mix everything except the cranberries, apple cubes, sparkling water, and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
Add cranberries and apple cubes, and ice if you desire. Top with sparkling water to fill the glasses.
Add your cinnamon stick for presentation.
One of my favorite dishes is a good shepherd’s pie, but I generally like to tweak the recipes to fit more my tastes and style. Hope y’all enjoy!
- 1 pound ground turkey (if you want to go full vegetarian, this can be cut out, but I like using a lean white meat in mine)
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 cup of vegetable broth, low or no sodium.
- Garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Mashed potatoes
- Brown your turkey in a large pan.
- Add carrots and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and broth, and cook on medium heat for another 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and turmeric, and transfer into a baking dish.
- Add prepared mashed potatoes to top, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown on the top.
This is super quick and easy to make, absolutely loaded with delicious veggies, and a touch of turmeric that won’t affect the taste for some anti-inflammatory properties.
These are one of my favorite cookies to make, and they’re so simple!
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 cup softened unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325.
- Combine first three ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until dough holds together.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and roll in confectioner’s sugar.
- Wait 15 minutes to cool, then put a light coating of confectioner’s sugar on top.
These are super simple and delicious!
Recently, my household has been dealing with a shoulder injury. Nothing too serious thankfully, but enough so that a doctor visit was necessary, and so is an ice pack and rest. Inflammation can be a serious issue, especially if ignored for a while, but luckily, there are ways to help improve it. I started whipping up an anti-inflammatory smoothie to help with this issue and reduce inflammation naturally.
1 cup of coconut or almond milk
1 scoop of Tone It Up Vanilla and Greens protein
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon honey
Frozen fruit of your choice
3 teaspoons flaxseed
This is the simple part, throw it all together in a blender, and then enjoy! If you want to change up the thickness, add more fruit, if you prefer a thinner smoothie, use less fruit or add more milk.
It won’t cure inflammation, but with those superfoods in there, it can certainly help your muscles to heal and start feeling better!
Find the original recipe here: http://turniptheoven.com/easy-no-bake-smores-bars/
This easy no bake s’mores bars recipe will have you feeling like you’re outside near a campfire in no time.
Everyone always says s’mores are a summer snack, but to me, they’re a winter snack. That’s when you’re out sitting by the fire with friends and family, so I always associate them with this time of year.
- 1 whole stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham crackers, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I usually use less salt in my recipes and would take this down to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing gently. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
I don’t about y’all, but some nights I just want a big warm cookie. Buuuuttt, I know if I make a whole batch, I’ll eat way more than I should or have to toss some. So rather than waste ingredients, try the mug cookie!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- a handful of chocolate chips
- Mix all your wet ingredients and sugars together in a large mug.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for one minute. Check beginning at 40 seconds, as some microwaves can cook faster than others.
It’s simple, delicious, and prevents you from having to make a whole batch of cookies when you really only need one.
Hey y’all! If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option or even an afternoon snack, look no further than chia seed pudding. It takes literally 4 ingredients or less, and is super easy to make. Check it out! Oh and it also tastes amazing, since that part is super important 🙂
Chia Seed Pudding (Serves 1)
- 1 cup of almond milk (I use Silk Unsweetened Original)
- 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds (I used about 3.5 tablespoons to make mine thicker)
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey (add this at the end, I added mine at the beginning and it didn’t mix too well and wound up at the bottom)
- Fresh fruit to top (I like a good mix of berries)
- Stir in chia seeds in with almond milk until well mixed.
- Put in fridge overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Add honey and fresh fruit when ready to eat.
What did I tell you? Super easy, healthy, and delicious!
If you’re not sure why you need chia seeds, check out this article to read up on this superfood https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds
In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!