Recently, my household has been dealing with a shoulder injury. Nothing too serious thankfully, but enough so that a doctor visit was necessary, and so is an ice pack and rest. Inflammation can be a serious issue, especially if ignored for a while, but luckily, there are ways to help improve it. I started whipping up an anti-inflammatory smoothie to help with this issue and reduce inflammation naturally.
1 cup of coconut or almond milk
1 scoop of Tone It Up Vanilla and Greens protein
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon honey
Frozen fruit of your choice
3 teaspoons flaxseed
This is the simple part, throw it all together in a blender, and then enjoy! If you want to change up the thickness, add more fruit, if you prefer a thinner smoothie, use less fruit or add more milk.
It won’t cure inflammation, but with those superfoods in there, it can certainly help your muscles to heal and start feeling better!
Find the original recipe here: http://turniptheoven.com/easy-no-bake-smores-bars/
This easy no bake s’mores bars recipe will have you feeling like you’re outside near a campfire in no time.
Everyone always says s’mores are a summer snack, but to me, they’re a winter snack. That’s when you’re out sitting by the fire with friends and family, so I always associate them with this time of year.
- 1 whole stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham crackers, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I usually use less salt in my recipes and would take this down to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing gently. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
I don’t about y’all, but some nights I just want a big warm cookie. Buuuuttt, I know if I make a whole batch, I’ll eat way more than I should or have to toss some. So rather than waste ingredients, try the mug cookie!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- a handful of chocolate chips
- Mix all your wet ingredients and sugars together in a large mug.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for one minute. Check beginning at 40 seconds, as some microwaves can cook faster than others.
It’s simple, delicious, and prevents you from having to make a whole batch of cookies when you really only need one.
Hey y’all! If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option or even an afternoon snack, look no further than chia seed pudding. It takes literally 4 ingredients or less, and is super easy to make. Check it out! Oh and it also tastes amazing, since that part is super important 🙂
Chia Seed Pudding (Serves 1)
- 1 cup of almond milk (I use Silk Unsweetened Original)
- 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds (I used about 3.5 tablespoons to make mine thicker)
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey (add this at the end, I added mine at the beginning and it didn’t mix too well and wound up at the bottom)
- Fresh fruit to top (I like a good mix of berries)
- Stir in chia seeds in with almond milk until well mixed.
- Put in fridge overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Add honey and fresh fruit when ready to eat.
What did I tell you? Super easy, healthy, and delicious!
If you’re not sure why you need chia seeds, check out this article to read up on this superfood https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds
In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!
Hey y’all are you ready for some fall? I have been waiting all year for my favorite season, and while it sadly hasn’t arrived here yet, I mean, it is Florida, still enjoying that 90 degree weather, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the season in my air conditioning! This easy recipe is a great snack to have on-hand and a great way to get into the fall festivities.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- one adorable fall cookie cutter (I suggest pumpkins or acorns)
- Cut out shapes in tortillas until all removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of the tortilla in melted butter
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set on baking pan lined with wax paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Whether for a school meeting or just as a snack around the house, this is sure to be a hit!
In honor of fall being just around the corner, I present to you, a cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa recipe that is sure to delight your tastebuds and keep you feeling full all morning long! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you’re cooking for more, just go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A dash of honey to taste
How To Prepare:
- Put quinoa, water, and apples in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, and serve with a dash of honey!
That’s it, it’s super easy! For drool-worthy pics and to check out the original recipe, go here. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
To create the perfect red, white, and blue cake for your Fourth of July festivities, I have a super easy recipe for you!
1 vanilla cake mix (you can make your own, but if you’re juggling event prep too, this is much easier.)
1 tub of whipped cream
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of blueberries
- Prepare the cake mix as directed in a rectangle cake pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, apply whipped cream to top of cake
- Add blueberries on left hand side, creating a pattern like that on the flag.
- Use alternating strawberries and raspberries to create stripes.
- Enjoy your cake! Keep in the refrigerator if you aren’t serving immediately.
For this easy coffee cake, you’ll need:
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)
3/4 cup of water
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butter extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend first 6 ingredients together. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each egg.
- Mix ingredients for topping in separate bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into greased rectangular 13×9 inch pan.
- Add 1/2 topping, then rest of batter.
- Sprinkle on remaining topping evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.