In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!
Hey y’all are you ready for some fall? I have been waiting all year for my favorite season, and while it sadly hasn’t arrived here yet, I mean, it is Florida, still enjoying that 90 degree weather, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the season in my air conditioning! This easy recipe is a great snack to have on-hand and a great way to get into the fall festivities.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- one adorable fall cookie cutter (I suggest pumpkins or acorns)
- Cut out shapes in tortillas until all removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of the tortilla in melted butter
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set on baking pan lined with wax paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Whether for a school meeting or just as a snack around the house, this is sure to be a hit!
In honor of fall being just around the corner, I present to you, a cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa recipe that is sure to delight your tastebuds and keep you feeling full all morning long! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you’re cooking for more, just go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A dash of honey to taste
How To Prepare:
- Put quinoa, water, and apples in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, and serve with a dash of honey!
That’s it, it’s super easy! For drool-worthy pics and to check out the original recipe, go here. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
To create the perfect red, white, and blue cake for your Fourth of July festivities, I have a super easy recipe for you!
1 vanilla cake mix (you can make your own, but if you’re juggling event prep too, this is much easier.)
1 tub of whipped cream
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of blueberries
- Prepare the cake mix as directed in a rectangle cake pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, apply whipped cream to top of cake
- Add blueberries on left hand side, creating a pattern like that on the flag.
- Use alternating strawberries and raspberries to create stripes.
- Enjoy your cake! Keep in the refrigerator if you aren’t serving immediately.
For this easy coffee cake, you’ll need:
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)
3/4 cup of water
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butter extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend first 6 ingredients together. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each egg.
- Mix ingredients for topping in separate bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into greased rectangular 13×9 inch pan.
- Add 1/2 topping, then rest of batter.
- Sprinkle on remaining topping evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
This is a recipe I made in food prep class in high school and it was one of my absolute favorites. Y’all it is easy, it takes literally under an hour to cook, and it tastes amazing. This is perfect for a quick dinner on a busy night.
2 cups frozen peas
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cans cream of chicken soup
A dash of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces baked chicken
2/3 cups cheese
Dump everything but the pasta and cheese into a pan on the stove and turn on high until it begins boiling, stirring occasionally. Once it hits boiling, turn down to low and simmer uncovered for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the 2/3 cups cheese and mix in. Once your pasta is cooked, add the pasta in, and voila! Dinner is served. If you are lactose intolerant, use vegan cheese and unflavored unsweetened almond milk instead.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes y’all, and one taste and you will agree. This is my mom’s recipe, and while I have tried to make it, it’s not quite as good as hers, but it’s a delicious option when you need some comfort food.
4-6 pieces of chicken
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
Water – to be determined
Butter for bottom of pan
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet
- Rinse chicken
- Mix flour and seasonings in large bowl
- Coat chicken in flour and seasonings
- On medium-high heat, brown both sides of chicken
- When browned, add a couple cups of water, turn to medium-low heat to simmer
- Add portions of the flour mixture to thicken gravy
- Add water as necessary.
- Check the chicken every 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan, but let simmer for 30 minutes
- Make a side of rice to go under the chicken and gravy
Be careful with the flour and gravy, the first time I made it, I had a gallon of gravy by the time I was done. If it’s a little thick or thin, that’s ok. If you have extras, Huskies love this stuff, at least mine did!
If you love s’mores but don’t want to get a frappuccino loaded with sugar, this may be the next best option. S’mores protein bites have all the taste you’ll love, but are actually healthy! Check it out.
1 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (I use Tone It Up, it’s plant-based and delicious)
2 large graham cracker cookies crumbled
4 tablespoons almond milk
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
4 tablespoons quick oats
- Line a small dish with parchment paper
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together
- Add almond milk in slowly
- Roll into balls
- Place on baking sheet
- Place in freezer for 10-15 minutes
- Store frozen and thaw for about 5 minutes before eating
This is one of my favorite red wine sangrias, it tastes delicious, and when I serve it at parties, it is a hit! I rarely have any leftover 🙂
1 bag frozen mixed berries
1 bottle red blend wine or cabernet sauvignon
1 bottle sparkling prosecco or champagne
1/2 bottle of red fruit juice of your choice, I like cranberry, it gives it a nice tartness.
Mix it all together, and enjoy!