In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!
Hey y’all are you ready for some fall? I have been waiting all year for my favorite season, and while it sadly hasn’t arrived here yet, I mean, it is Florida, still enjoying that 90 degree weather, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the season in my air conditioning! This easy recipe is a great snack to have on-hand and a great way to get into the fall festivities.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- one adorable fall cookie cutter (I suggest pumpkins or acorns)
- Cut out shapes in tortillas until all removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of the tortilla in melted butter
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set on baking pan lined with wax paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Whether for a school meeting or just as a snack around the house, this is sure to be a hit!
In honor of fall being just around the corner, I present to you, a cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa recipe that is sure to delight your tastebuds and keep you feeling full all morning long! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you’re cooking for more, just go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A dash of honey to taste
How To Prepare:
- Put quinoa, water, and apples in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, and serve with a dash of honey!
That’s it, it’s super easy! For drool-worthy pics and to check out the original recipe, go here. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
Try this bowtie lasagna for those nights you’re cramped on time and need a delicious meal the whole family will love!
1 pound ground beef
1 box bowtie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella (there’s a great vegan alternative, if you have any dairy allergies or intolerance)
1 cup sour cream (again, if necessary, there are vegan alternatives)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In separate pan, brown beef and drain excess fat.
- Add pasta to beef pan.
- Drizzle on olive oil, then add sauce, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all together.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Stir over low heat until the cheese melts completely.
That’s it, you’re done! This can literally be ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Enjoy this boozy treat 🙂
4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup nuts finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup light Karo syrup
1/4 cup rum
Stir everything all together, create little balls, then roll in powdered sugar.
Ta da! Was that easy or what?
To create the perfect red, white, and blue cake for your Fourth of July festivities, I have a super easy recipe for you!
1 vanilla cake mix (you can make your own, but if you’re juggling event prep too, this is much easier.)
1 tub of whipped cream
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of blueberries
- Prepare the cake mix as directed in a rectangle cake pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, apply whipped cream to top of cake
- Add blueberries on left hand side, creating a pattern like that on the flag.
- Use alternating strawberries and raspberries to create stripes.
- Enjoy your cake! Keep in the refrigerator if you aren’t serving immediately.
For this easy coffee cake, you’ll need:
1 package of yellow cake mix
1 box of instant vanilla pudding (sugar free)
3/4 cup of water
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon butter extract
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Blend first 6 ingredients together. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each egg.
- Mix ingredients for topping in separate bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into greased rectangular 13×9 inch pan.
- Add 1/2 topping, then rest of batter.
- Sprinkle on remaining topping evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Vegan or regular cheese
- Black beans
- Tortilla chips
Heat up the corn and black beans in the microwave or on the stove until heated thoroughly.
Prepare a container with salad on the bottom, add tomatoes, corn, black beans, cheese, and then keep salsa on the side until ready to eat.
Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips on top or use them to scoop up salad.
This is super quick and easy if you’re in a pinch, and works great for our upcoming last meatless Friday of Lent! It’s also very easy to make fully vegan, just make sure to use Vegan cheese if you want to go that route.
This is one of my favorite recipes, I make it all the time, and it is so delicious, not to mention, super easy.
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 container spiralized butternut squash
- 1 whole tomato
- 1 cup of spinach
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- grapeseed oil
How to Prepare:
- Slice all of your vegetables into bite-sized pieces, and add all but the tomatoes and spinach to a skillet with a bit of grapeseed oil in it.
- In a saucepan, boil water, and then add the pasta. I prefer tri-color, but any kind will do.
- Put the skillet on medium-high heat, and cook all the vegetables until soft.
- Once the pasta is al dente, transfer into a large glass bowl. Add the cooked vegetables. Add tomato, spinach, basil, turmeric, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice. I don’t have exacts on that, the seasonings are to taste, and the lemon juice is around 3 tablespoons.
- Mix well, taste, and if necessary, add a bit more lemon juice.
It’s tangy, full of vegetables, and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!