Hey y’all so that special time of year is coming and for all of you who are excited for Cupid and all the love and romance he brings, I have a recipe you’ll love. It’s super easy and super cute, making it perfect for Galentine’s Day, a romantic date night, or preparing a snack for the kids’ school. XO Rice Krispies are a delicious and fun treat anyone will love.
Pink and/or red food coloring
1 box Rice Krispies cereal
1 bag of marshmallows
XO cookie cutters (Not necessary, you can form these by hand)
- In a medium sprayed or buttered sauce pan, melt the marshmallows over low-medium heat until fully melted.
- Add in the box of cereal.
- Mix well.
- Spread out into a wax-paper lined pan.
- Use cookie cutters or your hands to create XO shapes.
You can find this original recipe here: https://www.bangtutor.me/2019/09/cranberry-apple-cider-sangria-drinks.html and I think this is just perfect for these cooler winter months.
- 1 bottle of red wine, I prefer a Cab, but a red blend would work nicely as well
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice (get the 100% juice, not the concentrate version)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cranberries (I use fresh since they’re so easy to find right now)
- sparkling water
- 1 cup diced apple cubes
- cinnamon sticks for presentation
Mix everything except the cranberries, apple cubes, sparkling water, and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
Add cranberries and apple cubes, and ice if you desire. Top with sparkling water to fill the glasses.
Add your cinnamon stick for presentation.
These are one of my favorite cookies to make, and they’re so simple!
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 cup softened unsalted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 325.
- Combine first three ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until dough holds together.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned on the bottom.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and roll in confectioner’s sugar.
- Wait 15 minutes to cool, then put a light coating of confectioner’s sugar on top.
These are super simple and delicious!
Find the original recipe here: http://turniptheoven.com/easy-no-bake-smores-bars/
This easy no bake s’mores bars recipe will have you feeling like you’re outside near a campfire in no time.
Everyone always says s’mores are a summer snack, but to me, they’re a winter snack. That’s when you’re out sitting by the fire with friends and family, so I always associate them with this time of year.
- 1 whole stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham crackers, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I usually use less salt in my recipes and would take this down to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing gently. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
Hey y’all for this delicious treat, you’ll need some fresh fruit and some liquors, but I promise, this will be much easier than getting hairs of those you wish to turn into.
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple
- 30 ml white rum
- 30 ml lime juice
Blend up the kiwis and apple after you’ve sliced them into bite-sized chunks. Pour into a cocktail shaker and add rum, lime juice, and ice. Shake, shake, shake, and enjoy your batch of Polyjuice Potion.
This is perfect for Halloween which is coming up this week, and absolutely perfect for any fellow Potterheads! Witches and wizards everywhere can enjoy this delightful green cocktail!
In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!
Hey y’all are you ready for some fall? I have been waiting all year for my favorite season, and while it sadly hasn’t arrived here yet, I mean, it is Florida, still enjoying that 90 degree weather, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the season in my air conditioning! This easy recipe is a great snack to have on-hand and a great way to get into the fall festivities.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- one adorable fall cookie cutter (I suggest pumpkins or acorns)
- Cut out shapes in tortillas until all removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of the tortilla in melted butter
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set on baking pan lined with wax paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Whether for a school meeting or just as a snack around the house, this is sure to be a hit!
In honor of fall being just around the corner, I present to you, a cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa recipe that is sure to delight your tastebuds and keep you feeling full all morning long! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you’re cooking for more, just go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A dash of honey to taste
How To Prepare:
- Put quinoa, water, and apples in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, and serve with a dash of honey!
That’s it, it’s super easy! For drool-worthy pics and to check out the original recipe, go here. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
Try this bowtie lasagna for those nights you’re cramped on time and need a delicious meal the whole family will love!
1 pound ground beef
1 box bowtie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella (there’s a great vegan alternative, if you have any dairy allergies or intolerance)
1 cup sour cream (again, if necessary, there are vegan alternatives)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In separate pan, brown beef and drain excess fat.
- Add pasta to beef pan.
- Drizzle on olive oil, then add sauce, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all together.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Stir over low heat until the cheese melts completely.
That’s it, you’re done! This can literally be ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.