Hey y’all! So we still have a few weeks of summer, and that means there’s still time for some summer must-reads. I’ve curated this list partially based on books I’ve read myself, as well as recommendations from friends, and of course, books that are making a name for themselves by just being that good. This is a pretty good mix, so if you like romance, there’s some of that, mystery/murder, we have that too. Check it out!
- The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen. Obviously, since she is one of my favorite authors, this one had to be on the list. This is a great summer read, I was captured by it, and no matter your age, this is a YA novel worth the read. Once you get through this one, I recommend reading more of hers, they handle some serious topics, in a very realistic manner, and it’s a refreshing option.
- One of Us Is Lying. I told you I’d give you some murder/mystery too, and this is wonderful for it. You’ll be wondering who did it the entire time, and quite frankly, if you’re a fan of Pretty Little Liars, you’ll enjoy this book too.
- Where the Crawdads Sing. This is on my to be read list, but I’ve heard great things and am looking forward to getting a chance to read it myself.
- The Proposal. This one is your standard summer romance. I didn’t necessarily like the ending, I feel it lacked a bit, but overall the story was enjoyable, and light reading material for soaking up some sun on a beach.
- Every Breathe by Nicholas Sparks. Another one of my favorite authors, I will recommend pretty much any book by him, because his writing and stories are just enthralling. I always find myself getting sucked into them.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson. This was a cute story, I really enjoyed how it progressed, and what the character went through.
- Dear Evan Hansen. Yes, this is the same as the Broadway show, but trust me, you’ll want to read the book. I read this before seeing the show, and honestly, it helped me to understand his character better.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain. Yes, it’s a movie out right now, but it’s also a book, and you should definitely give it a read. I always like to compare the book to the movie, so go get yourself a copy, and then go see this amazing film.
This is just a small list of the amazing books out there. Don’t be afraid to try a new genre, and definitely use your library to check off all of the books on this list. I personally can’t wait to continue reading more books, and finding more stories to fall in love with. Happy reading!