If you live near the water, go out for a few hours and learn to paddleboard. It can be great fun for vacation, a new hobby or just to try something new.
Most of us tried various hobbies as kids, and then dropped them. Pick up a hobby you stopped as a kid and see if it still brings you the same joy it did then or maybe even if you hated it then and now love it.
Give your bikes a quick check to make sure tires, brakes, and everything else is good to go for the summer.
Keep the kids entertained all summer by breaking out the summer games. Bocce, cornhole, disc golf, croquet, horseshoes, and badminton are great for wearing the kids out.
For those of you in hurricane areas, or even not, trim your trees and bushes. Spring has sprung, so you might as well get on that task!
Grab your water guns or water balloons and gather your team. This is the perfect time for an epic summer battle with friends and family.
Keep mosquitos away from your house and yard by using citronella for natural mosquito control. These plants are hardy and can withstand intense heat, all while growing and spreading.
Hosting the perfect indoor/outdoor party can be a little difficult, but not when you follow our tips. These types of parties are perfect for taking advantage of the beautiful spring nights, as well as work well for smaller spaces in that your guests can be more spread out rather than crammed into one small space. I’m a huge fan of them in the fact that I can get some fresh air if needed, while also enjoying a beautiful night and my friends’ company.
Indoor/Outdoor Party Tips
- Twinkle lights will go a long way. If you have a porch or deck or patio area, add some twinkle lights around the perimeter. They’ll add a wonderful ambiance, while also allowing you light to see, but without those harsh floodlights.
- Prepare a summery spread. This means you can choose light options like different salads, charcuterie boards, fruits and vegetables, antipasto options, and this gives your guests a variety of foods to choose from to munch on all night long.
- Keep mosquitos away naturally with citronella plants. Not only are they wonderful, leafy green plants, but they are natural mosquito repellants. Place some around the patio border for decoration and bug control. You can also light some citronella candles around the border to help with the pest control.
- Set up the food inside. Let your guests wander outside with their drinks, but keep the food inside to keep bugs, pollen, and other gross things out of the food. If you have a large dining table, set up your spread there or on the kitchen counters in a buffet style so everyone can just grab a plate and then move the party outdoors.
- Use melamine plates. They won’t shatter if someone drops them, but they also won’t create waste in the same way that paper plates and cups do. They also are easy to wash and store, are fairly cheap, and come in fun colors and prints.
- Have a rain plan. It’s spring, so those spring showers could come at any point. If you have a covered patio or screen porch, your guests will be covered even if it rains. If not, have a rain plan and a secondary area for your guests to mingle.
- Remember to turn the AC off. Odds are you will have doors and windows left open, which means you’ll want to make sure you aren’t trying to cool the outside world.
- Use a variety of outdoor chairs, pillows, and cushions for seating. Some of your guests will likely wander around and prefer to stand, but for those who don’t, offer a variety of outdoor seating. This way, everyone can have a seat if they want it, and the different layers will look wonderful.
Hopefully some of these indoor/outdoor party tips will help you throw the party of your dreams. These can be great for graduation, birthdays, and even just because.
Throw an indoor/outdoor party with your friends and family. Have everyone bring a potluck and set up some twinkle lights and citronella candles on the porch and enjoy a night in with everyone you care for.