For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!