We are about to step into a brand new decade, and I’m sure many of you are excited to start with your resolutions and ensuring that you start your New Year fresh. I am too, which is why I’ve put together some suggestions that I’m following and that you can follow too!
- Deep clean your house before NYE. You still have plenty of time to deep clean your home before the New Year, and that’s one task I’ve taken on this past weekend. To me, there’s no better way to start your New Year fresh than with a clean home from top to bottom. I may even rearrange some of my bedroom furniture to give my room a new look!
- Go through your possessions. For many of us, we accumulate things over the years, things that we really don’t need. The process of packing up my possessions has helped me to go through my stuff, and whether you are moving or not, you should definitely take some time to go through your things and see what you can get rid of. Now is a great time to donate or even have a yard sale this next weekend.
- Get rid of toxic habits. Breaking a habit can be just as difficult as making one, but that’s a great way to start your New Year by focusing on improving yourself and working on becoming a better person.
- Start a savings plan. I know many of us want to save more money in the New Year so we can travel more or upgrade your car, home, etc., whatever it may be. The best way to do this is to start a savings plan and work towards it starting now.
- Clean your car. Don’t forget about your vehicle while you’re cleaning to start fresh! With how much time some of us spend in our vehicles, it could definitely use a cleaning inside and out to help freshen up and give you that new car smell, even if it’s several years old.
How do you start fresh each year? Let me know in the comments below, I’d love to hear from you!