I know most everyone is planning on lighting some fireworks tonight, so have a water bucket standing by just in case of emergencies. We’ve all been at a party where some firework didn’t work quite as it should, so make sure to stay safe, and be prepared.
If you normally have your animals outside, bring them in starting tonight. There are lots of people who start the festivities early, and fireworks can be terrifying for pets. Keep them safe, and locked up if you’re having a party, that way they can’t slip out the door. Also, if your animals really get upset from the loud noises, it can help to have a little area set up for them to relax in with their favorite toys and bed. A thunder shirt can also be helpful.
To create the perfect red, white, and blue cake for your Fourth of July festivities, I have a super easy recipe for you!
1 vanilla cake mix (you can make your own, but if you’re juggling event prep too, this is much easier.)
1 tub of whipped cream
1 cup of sliced strawberries
1 cup of raspberries
1 cup of blueberries
- Prepare the cake mix as directed in a rectangle cake pan, and let cool.
- Once cool, apply whipped cream to top of cake
- Add blueberries on left hand side, creating a pattern like that on the flag.
- Use alternating strawberries and raspberries to create stripes.
- Enjoy your cake! Keep in the refrigerator if you aren’t serving immediately.