You can find this original recipe here: https://www.bangtutor.me/2019/09/cranberry-apple-cider-sangria-drinks.html and I think this is just perfect for these cooler winter months.
- 1 bottle of red wine, I prefer a Cab, but a red blend would work nicely as well
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 cup cranberry juice (get the 100% juice, not the concentrate version)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup cranberries (I use fresh since they’re so easy to find right now)
- sparkling water
- 1 cup diced apple cubes
- cinnamon sticks for presentation
Mix everything except the cranberries, apple cubes, sparkling water, and cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
Add cranberries and apple cubes, and ice if you desire. Top with sparkling water to fill the glasses.
Add your cinnamon stick for presentation.
Recently, my household has been dealing with a shoulder injury. Nothing too serious thankfully, but enough so that a doctor visit was necessary, and so is an ice pack and rest. Inflammation can be a serious issue, especially if ignored for a while, but luckily, there are ways to help improve it. I started whipping up an anti-inflammatory smoothie to help with this issue and reduce inflammation naturally.
1 cup of coconut or almond milk
1 scoop of Tone It Up Vanilla and Greens protein
2 teaspoons turmeric
1 teaspoon honey
Frozen fruit of your choice
3 teaspoons flaxseed
This is the simple part, throw it all together in a blender, and then enjoy! If you want to change up the thickness, add more fruit, if you prefer a thinner smoothie, use less fruit or add more milk.
It won’t cure inflammation, but with those superfoods in there, it can certainly help your muscles to heal and start feeling better!
Hey y’all for this delicious treat, you’ll need some fresh fruit and some liquors, but I promise, this will be much easier than getting hairs of those you wish to turn into.
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple
- 30 ml white rum
- 30 ml lime juice
Blend up the kiwis and apple after you’ve sliced them into bite-sized chunks. Pour into a cocktail shaker and add rum, lime juice, and ice. Shake, shake, shake, and enjoy your batch of Polyjuice Potion.
This is perfect for Halloween which is coming up this week, and absolutely perfect for any fellow Potterheads! Witches and wizards everywhere can enjoy this delightful green cocktail!
Ahh tea, one of my absolute favorite drinks. It’s perfect for hot or cold weather, since you can drink it hot or iced, and there are so many flavors and styles, it’s impossible not to enjoy a good cup of tea. Not to mention, you can drink it however you like, with milk, sugar, lemon, nothing added at all, how you drink the tea is completely up to you. But you know what’s even better than all of that? The health benefits of drinking a good cup of tea.
I’ve been having a cup of tea each morning for months now, and even when I was a kid, my gram and I used to do tea parties each afternoon where we’d enjoy a cup of tea in her tea china. Needless to say, that holds amazing memories for me, and that’s definitely where my love of tea came from. However, if you don’t have something like that that made you a tea drinker, these health benefits may just convince you to have a cup of tea.
Health Benefits of Drinking Tea:
- Soothes a sore throat. I think it’s safe to say we all want a nice hot cup of tea when we’re feeling sick and have a sore throat. It’s soothing, and there are certain types of tea that are better than others for helping it. Lemon tea is great for helping with that, as are the special Throat Coat teas that are made specifically with sore throats in mind.
- Helps ease your stomach. A cup of ginger or peppermint tea can help if you are having some nausea or an upset stomach. It’s an all natural way to get feeling better in no time!
- Helps ease anxiety. Peppermint and chamomile tea are great for helping when you are feeling anxious or stressed. If you’re struggling to sleep at night, chamomile is great as are special blends of night time tea that may include lavender or chamomile.
- Gives antioxidants. Most teas, but especially green teas, are high in antioxidants which help your body to stay healthy. Having a cup of green tea each day can be extremely beneficial to your health.
- Wakes you up. Green tea has an all-natural form of caffeine, so if you feel you can’t quite quit the coffee habit, this is a great alternative to help you still get that jolt. Black tea is also full of caffeine, so that’s a great option as well.
- May help reduce heart issues and cancer. Tea has these things called flavonoids in it, which can be very beneficial for reducing heart issues and even potentially helping protect against cancer. Seems like a great reason to add a cup or two to your diet!
- Lower cholesterol. Oolong tea has actually be found to help lower bad cholesterol in an animal study, so if that’s a health issue you’re currently working with, it certainly couldn’t hurt to add a cup or two each day to help with that.
The reality is, there are so many benefits to tea, some of which are just relaxation and enjoyment. One of my favorite things that I’ve done with some family friends is going to an afternoon tea and just spending time together over delicious little snacks and several pots of tea.
This is perfect for a party or just having some girls over for a day at the pool. I had meant to make it this weekend when a friend was coming over to catch up, but plans change, so I didn’t wind up making it this weekend, but I can guarantee y’all will love it.
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 peaches
- A handful of raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 bottle of sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1 cup sprite
Put all the fruit and mint leaves in a pitcher, then pour the liquids on top, mix well and allow to cool in the fridge for 2 hours. If you don’t want to wait quite that long, which I totally understand, then go ahead and add ice to speed it up, and enjoy!
Call up an old friend to meet up and catch up for a bit. Even if it seems out of the blue, it can be a nice couple of hours to get together. Bonus points if you bring the rosé.
Hosting the perfect indoor/outdoor party can be a little difficult, but not when you follow our tips. These types of parties are perfect for taking advantage of the beautiful spring nights, as well as work well for smaller spaces in that your guests can be more spread out rather than crammed into one small space. I’m a huge fan of them in the fact that I can get some fresh air if needed, while also enjoying a beautiful night and my friends’ company.
Indoor/Outdoor Party Tips
- Twinkle lights will go a long way. If you have a porch or deck or patio area, add some twinkle lights around the perimeter. They’ll add a wonderful ambiance, while also allowing you light to see, but without those harsh floodlights.
- Prepare a summery spread. This means you can choose light options like different salads, charcuterie boards, fruits and vegetables, antipasto options, and this gives your guests a variety of foods to choose from to munch on all night long.
- Keep mosquitos away naturally with citronella plants. Not only are they wonderful, leafy green plants, but they are natural mosquito repellants. Place some around the patio border for decoration and bug control. You can also light some citronella candles around the border to help with the pest control.
- Set up the food inside. Let your guests wander outside with their drinks, but keep the food inside to keep bugs, pollen, and other gross things out of the food. If you have a large dining table, set up your spread there or on the kitchen counters in a buffet style so everyone can just grab a plate and then move the party outdoors.
- Use melamine plates. They won’t shatter if someone drops them, but they also won’t create waste in the same way that paper plates and cups do. They also are easy to wash and store, are fairly cheap, and come in fun colors and prints.
- Have a rain plan. It’s spring, so those spring showers could come at any point. If you have a covered patio or screen porch, your guests will be covered even if it rains. If not, have a rain plan and a secondary area for your guests to mingle.
- Remember to turn the AC off. Odds are you will have doors and windows left open, which means you’ll want to make sure you aren’t trying to cool the outside world.
- Use a variety of outdoor chairs, pillows, and cushions for seating. Some of your guests will likely wander around and prefer to stand, but for those who don’t, offer a variety of outdoor seating. This way, everyone can have a seat if they want it, and the different layers will look wonderful.
Hopefully some of these indoor/outdoor party tips will help you throw the party of your dreams. These can be great for graduation, birthdays, and even just because.
This is one of my favorite red wine sangrias, it tastes delicious, and when I serve it at parties, it is a hit! I rarely have any leftover 🙂
1 bag frozen mixed berries
1 bottle red blend wine or cabernet sauvignon
1 bottle sparkling prosecco or champagne
1/2 bottle of red fruit juice of your choice, I like cranberry, it gives it a nice tartness.
Mix it all together, and enjoy!
Hey y’all, here is a delicious pink cosmo recipe that uses 3 ingredients! Perfect for Valentine’s or Galentine’s Day 🙂