*This is a sponsored post
I think it’s safe to say from my previous posts and my love of HGTV shows like Fixer Upper and Property Brothers, that I have been bitten by the interior design bug. In fact, this is something I’ve been passionate about since I was in high school, when we were first told to design a room of our choosing. We not only drew up the blueprints, but also put together all the paint colors, finishes, and the furniture too, of course.
Since then, while I haven’t done anything professionally, I do find home décor a very serious thing, and there are many different pieces I put together for décor finishing touches. After all, we all have different tastes and styles, but there are some things that are universal options for finishing a look, and available in a variety of colors/patterns/fabrics to meet any style.
- A good rug can really pull a room together. I use rugs in my bedroom, bathroom, and even a few placed throughout the home in different areas. Some prefer a super fluffy rug for their feet to touch first thing each morning, while others prefer something sleek and minimal, something that reminds them of a hotel they stayed at and loved. For me, I prefer a bit more of a fluffy rug in my bedroom, but prefer something more sleek and refined for the rest of the home. I even have an outdoor rug that will go under my outdoor table when I complete my backyard redesign. This is why I love Ottomanson. This website has it all! Whether you are searching for a fun patterned rug for under your bed or a runner rug to welcome people into your beautiful home, they have something for everyone. If you’re designing the hotel bathroom/spa of your dreams, they have a runner rug that will lead you into your paradise. The best part is that you won’t break the bank! They’re also pet-friendly! This is a must in my household.This company has been around for over 10 years now, and they just keep creating stunning, affordable rugs, among other things, that look beautiful in your home. And if you need help, don’t worry, they have great customer service that would be happy to assist you with completing your order or even ordering more pieces for your home.
- The right pillow can really bring a room together. Maybe you’re tying in different furniture pieces or even decorating for a holiday theme. Christmas is right around the corner, so you know I’ve pulled out some holiday pillows to add to the room. I’ve found that without them, the chairs don’t seem to fit quite right, but when I match pillows with my Christmas tree skirt, everything gets pulled together beautifully and I have a Christmas living room that I adore spending time in. The same goes for rooms all year long. A pillow can show your personality, as well as tie in different themes all into one. Not to mention, a bed, chair or couch just looks plain without a good throw pillow.
- I know, you probably didn’t even think of this as a finishing décor piece. Whether decking the halls for the holidays or just preparing the staged table for dinner, a tablecloth is a necessity. If you’re looking to get one-stop shopping check out the options from Ottomanson. These tablecloths come in a variety of prints and styles so you can find the perfect fit for your tastes and for your kitchen. Whether you prefer to have a kitchen full of sunflowers or a more natural tone, they’ve got you covered.
- The right candle can complete a room. From bringing in a fresh scent or matching the seasonal tone, a candle is the perfect option to complete a room. Those who know me will tell you I am a total candle fiend. I always seem to find an excuse to buy candles and can always think of reasons why I need more. I have them in my bathroom, bedroom, even in my office near my laptop. Having a lit candle is soothing to me, not to mention, it smells amazing. I shop from a variety of places for my candles and usually purchase ones that match the season, so right now my candles are all Christmas themed, and I couldn’t be happier.
These décor finishing touches can take your room from nice to stunning. And the best part is it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. I’m big on decorating but on a budget, and it’s important to me that my house looks nice without necessarily making me go broke. These are some of the ways I can bring everything together nicely.
Looking for a cheap but quick way to update your bathroom? Then watch this video below!
Add a fresh pop of color this season by updating your bathroom. Something as simple as a new rug or new shower curtain can breathe new life into a room.
Hey y’all! So some of you know how much I adore interior design, and because of that, I’ve decided to go ahead and share some of my favorite design tips that I’ve picked up either from doing stuff around my own house or from watching HGTV (yes, I am obsessed and I am a huge fan of Chip and Jo). So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some of my favorite home design tips.
- Fill the house with florals. If you fill your house with greenery and different florals, you will literally have a breath of fresh air in your house. There are plenty of plants that help to generate oxygen, which will help you to breathe easier. They also add some natural pops of color to the room, in addition to that beneficial oxygen. I personally love putting fresh flowers in vases around the house, they add a touch of color, and they smell amazing.
- Add a statement wall. Statement walls can be done in so many ways. For some people, they are lucky enough to move into a house and discover that there are some old bricks underneath the drywall, or perhaps even shiplap. While finding shiplap has always been a dream of mine, it’s just not all that common in Florida houses, so I’m not going to hold my breathe on that one. In fact, the brick is fairly unrealistic too, sadly. So, since I’m not betting on finding exposed brick in houses anytime soon, I have to find other ways to make some statement walls. One of the ways I personally did that with my house is by hanging a large painting in the living room. It is a beautiful statement piece that captures everyone’s attention immediately. It takes up a majority of the wall, and I put it above my fireplace to really draw the eye. Another option, is to put up faux shiplap or Faux Brickwork. I know it seems like this may be a bit cheesy, but it’s actually a super easy way to add that extra something to your wall and with the right product and tools, it can look extremely authentic. So much so that you won’t even realize that it is not ‘real’ brick. There’s a company called Faux Brickwork that is based out of Florida and they have beautiful options for your rooms. These look super realistic, and come in a variety of styles, including farmhouse styles. For those who prefer a more modern look, there are options in a white paint style as well, or you can paint them yourself easily. The best part about these panels is that they are not crazy expensive and they are very quick + easy to install yourself (so this cuts out the cost of hiring someone), which I personally really love, since I’m always trying to save money when I can. You can check out some of their amazing panels on their website, or look them up on Facebook.
- Twinkle lights. I think twinkle lights are a beautiful addition to a bedroom, especially above a headboard or in place of a headboard. These can easily be strung up, and create a peaceful retreat. After all, at the end of the day, we all just want an area we can sit back and relax in without having to deal with any of the stressors that come at us in our day to day lives. With some twinkling lights, you get a beautiful area to sit back and relax. Make a cup of tea, and you’re good to go.
- Throw pillows. Throw pillows can really add a lot to a room. Whether you are putting them on your bed to help give it more dimension or you are piling them up on your couch or chairs to help with comfort and style, these are great additions to any room. I personally like to mix prints and types, so for my room, I have a small rectangle glitter pillow, along with some that are square and feature names of some of my favorite places that I’ve seen, including Rome and Paris. For my living room, I have tan chairs, and added grey and cream tribal print pillows, as well as solid blue ones. They match some of the artwork in the room perfectly.
- Fun rugs. This one is a little more tricky for me, as I have cats, so I try to avoid having too many rugs in the house due to them and their claws, but I’ve always felt that a rug adds a special touch to any room. You can choose some crazy pattern or print or even a bright color that will really stand out. Not to mention, it keeps your feet warm despite cooler weather on those frosty mornings.
The best part about all of these interior design ideas is that they don’t have to cost an arm and a leg. I am big on doing little updates that can make a difference to a room, without spending a ton of money. Savings is important too! Let me know some of your favorite interior design tips and tricks!