I don’t about y’all, but some nights I just want a big warm cookie. Buuuuttt, I know if I make a whole batch, I’ll eat way more than I should or have to toss some. So rather than waste ingredients, try the mug cookie!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- a handful of chocolate chips
- Mix all your wet ingredients and sugars together in a large mug.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for one minute. Check beginning at 40 seconds, as some microwaves can cook faster than others.
It’s simple, delicious, and prevents you from having to make a whole batch of cookies when you really only need one.
Create a new holiday tradition this year with your family. Make it out of a mistake or something missing, and make it your own. Use heart shaped cookie cutters or a pink Christmas tree, and make that your thing for each year.
In this vlog, I talk about some of my favorite traditions, especially Christmas cookies! One of my favorite things to do with them, since I make so many, is give boxes of them to friends, family, and coworkers, to help sweeten their Christmas.
Make a batch of dough before bed, and put it in the fridge for the next day. Then, when you come home from work, school, life, you can easily get those cookies baked and have a sweet treat in no time.
To make the holidays a little less hectic, get started now. Christmas cookies can be frozen, so can the dough, which will give you more time for festivities when the holidays arrive.