Hey y’all, so I think it’s safe to say by now if you read this blog, you know I’m big on eliminating unnecessary chemicals from my life. Hearing about potential health issues from using certain products just makes me a bit leery of them, and honestly, with so many green cleaners and products on the market now, there’s no reason to keep them in your life. I’ve included some tips on how to switch to green cleaners, and some of my favorite products. Check them out!
- Method cleaners. This brand is available at Target, and I must say, there are so many options! I have laminate flooring in my house, so I have to use a special cleaner for hard floors, guess what, they have one and it smells amazing! They also have anti-bacterial cleaners for the kitchen, bathrooms, etc., as well as no rinse shower cleaners, and even laundry detergents! This is a brand you’ll definitely want to try, I’m impressed with how well it works, and the fact that I’m not using a bunch of chemicals around the house!
- Vinegar. In case you didn’t know, vinegar plus water makes a great all natural tile and counter top cleaner. Just mix them together, and start mopping. This is something my mom has done my entire life, and it not only offers a very clean smell, but it also cleans up all the gunk that can gather on the floors as we, and our pets, walk around.
- Baking soda and vinegar drain cleaner. Oh yeah, say goodbye to Draino Plumber! If you pour some baking soda and vinegar down the drain, it’ll clear up those clogs. You then can flush with hot water. Now, this one may take more time, but hey, you’re using all natural ingredients, and is probably even cheaper.
- Nature’s Miracle for Pets. This is a product that is non-toxic for your fur babies, and as an added bonus, is an enzyme cleaner, which all pet owners know they need to have on-hand in case of an accident. The enzymes will actually break down the mess, so you’re not just disguising the smell, but actually eliminating it.
- Baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. This is a great combination for a sink cleaner that won’t smell bad and is something you can DIY with ingredients you likely already have! Just sprinkle it around, scrub, and rinse away.
Whether you are trying to eliminate some extra chemicals in your life or are just trying to save by DIYing your own cleaners, these are great options for you to try.
Now that we are in the ‘ber months, it’s the time to start cleaning out your decorations. Go through what you have for Halloween, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, and make sure that everything works, anything that’s broken gets thrown out and anything you haven’t used in a couple of years can get donated. This way, you are making sure that you aren’t holding on to something that won’t work anyway, and you’re getting a headstart on cleaning and organizing your garage storage space.
Hey ya’ll, so it’s been a hectic past couple of weeks, and that’s because I have been preparing a house to sell. If you’ve never done this process before, you may not realize just how much goes into it, which is why I’m here to share this information. To warn you, so you know just how much time and effort is going to go into this, I have some tips on preparing a house to sell. Some of it you can do yourself, others you should definitely hire out, because it is just so much work on your own.
- Clean the outside of your house. That’s right, you either need to repaint your house or have it cleaned in some way. I figured that wasn’t a huge thing, but my realtor assured me that was incorrect, and it definitely needed a cleaning. Now, I decided that was something I could do myself, so I took out the pressure washer, and started pressure washing. It took hours, not to mention, I had to be very careful not to actually chip off the paint, because then I would have to repaint the house which I was trying to avoid. This is where a company like ZAP Cleaning comes into play. They offer a service called Soft Washing. For those who didn’t know, like me, soft washing is a different way to get the same sparkling results from pressure washing a house, but without the potential damage to the paint! This method of cleaning is a great way to get mold, mildew, grime, all of that nasty stuff off your house, without potential damage. If you happen to be in the Sarasota area, you are in luck, since ZAP Cleaning will be able to do this for you. There are several service areas they offer, including Sarasota, Venice, Southgate, Osprey, Bee Ridge, Fruitville, Naples, Siesta Key, and more. Check out the full list of service areas and see if they are near you!
ZAP Cleaning is well-known for providing wonderful customer service and they believe that customer satisfaction is number one. Not only do they offer soft washing cleaning options, they also do pressure washing, window cleaning, and roof cleaning. These services are offered for residential and commercial buildings, so you can easily get this cleaning done whether for your personal home or for your office building. Consider this an investment in your home or business, as you’ll bring in more people. I know it worked well for my house 😊
- Pressure wash your driveway. Again, this is something I’d highly recommend you hire someone to do, I wound up with a lovely sunburn on my shoulders, sweat at least 10 pounds out, and had to drink gallons of water to stay alive out in the Florida heat. I spent hours working on it, and while my driveway now glows and looks beautiful, it was a very tough job. That’s one thing that while it seems relatively easy, it definitely is harder than it seems, especially in 100 degree weather. So my suggestions: either do it yourself in the winter or hire someone else to do it during summer hours.
- Repaint doorframes. This is an indoor task that is easy enough, just takes a little bit of time, and is completely worth it. I did the door frames, as well as the baseboards, and it looks so much better than it did. Even if you don’t notice it, the paint does fade as time goes on, and they definitely need to be freshened up for a sale. This can also help cover up any potential scuffs or marks that occurred during your time living there.
- Grout cleaning. Again, this is one of those tasks that you probably don’t think about too much, but definitely needs to be done before selling your house. It’s not something we think about in the day to day cleaning and going about with our lives, and if you regularly mop your floors and keep up with things, you may think that you are good without doing this step, but it makes a huge difference. There are different types of cleaners you can get at different stores, the one I used is an acid base, and it brought up grime that the mop didn’t get.
- Clean the windows and mirrors. You may clean the mirrors every time that you clean your bathroom, but you likely don’t clean your windows on a weekly basis. If you do, good for you, send me that motivation! I had to go through and clean the inside and outside of the windows, and again, not something I initially thought of, but all of it goes into creating a beautiful, desirable home that people will want to buy.
There is definitely much more to it than just clearing out the clutter, and doing the traditional cleaning. Make sure you’re aware of the amount of time this will take and plan accordingly. I’ve been rushing around quite a bit, and wish I had started some of these tasks ahead of time, so I could have gotten a head start on the whole process. However, I’m glad I know it now, and am happy to share this with you. Happy cleaning! 😊
We are in the midst of summer, which means we are in the midst of shedding season! Brush your pets to help eliminate the little furballs that wind up in the corners of your rooms. They’ll also love the attention.
Clean out your work bag and get rid of anything that you don’t need for the workday. It’ll lighten your load, literally.
It may seem like an unnecessary task, but you’ll have so much more sight outside if you wash your windows. Not to mention your house will be immaculate.
Sunglasses or eyeglasses, either way, clean your glasses with a cleaner and soft cloth. You’ll be amazed at how much more you’re seeing!
Did you know that you can use vinegar instead of chemicals for cleaning? It’s an all natural disinfectant, and mixed with some warm water, makes for a wonderful floor cleaner. By itself, it can clean glass stove tops, counters, and more.
Maybe you’re super on top of all your cleaning must-dos, but if not, don’t forget to dust your air vents. You don’t want a thin coating of dust blowing out with your air conditioned air.
If you’re looking for a way to streamline your morning routine, try organizing your makeup. Go through it, toss out anything that’s more than a year old, and put it all in specific places, so it’s all there when you need it.