Hey y’all, so I think it’s safe to say by now if you read this blog, you know I’m big on eliminating unnecessary chemicals from my life. Hearing about potential health issues from using certain products just makes me a bit leery of them, and honestly, with so many green cleaners and products on the market now, there’s no reason to keep them in your life. I’ve included some tips on how to switch to green cleaners, and some of my favorite products. Check them out!
- Method cleaners. This brand is available at Target, and I must say, there are so many options! I have laminate flooring in my house, so I have to use a special cleaner for hard floors, guess what, they have one and it smells amazing! They also have anti-bacterial cleaners for the kitchen, bathrooms, etc., as well as no rinse shower cleaners, and even laundry detergents! This is a brand you’ll definitely want to try, I’m impressed with how well it works, and the fact that I’m not using a bunch of chemicals around the house!
- Vinegar. In case you didn’t know, vinegar plus water makes a great all natural tile and counter top cleaner. Just mix them together, and start mopping. This is something my mom has done my entire life, and it not only offers a very clean smell, but it also cleans up all the gunk that can gather on the floors as we, and our pets, walk around.
- Baking soda and vinegar drain cleaner. Oh yeah, say goodbye to Draino Plumber! If you pour some baking soda and vinegar down the drain, it’ll clear up those clogs. You then can flush with hot water. Now, this one may take more time, but hey, you’re using all natural ingredients, and is probably even cheaper.
- Nature’s Miracle for Pets. This is a product that is non-toxic for your fur babies, and as an added bonus, is an enzyme cleaner, which all pet owners know they need to have on-hand in case of an accident. The enzymes will actually break down the mess, so you’re not just disguising the smell, but actually eliminating it.
- Baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. This is a great combination for a sink cleaner that won’t smell bad and is something you can DIY with ingredients you likely already have! Just sprinkle it around, scrub, and rinse away.
Whether you are trying to eliminate some extra chemicals in your life or are just trying to save by DIYing your own cleaners, these are great options for you to try.
In today’s world, it can often seem like we are constantly on the go and only thinking about ourselves. I think it’s more important now than ever to give back to others, in any way that you can.
So before y’all start about how you need to save every penny, let me clarify that it’s not always money that you can use to give back to others. There are many different ways to do this, and money is only one of them. Some others are volunteering to help someone you see struggling. Even the smallest gesture like helping someone with their yard work or offering to help them with something you’re already doing at your house can be a huge thing to that other person. You can also give back by offering assistance in an area that you are an expert in. If you are known for your cleaning skills, go offer to help others who may need it, perhaps a single mom who doesn’t have time or an elderly neighbor who can’t do what they need to. Volunteer your time to help the community with a beach clean-up or perhaps assisting your favorite charity with getting signatures for a petition. If you do happen to have extra money, why don’t you give back that way? Make a donation to a charity or go buy groceries for someone you see struggling on the street. With so many options, if you truly want to give back to others, you can find a way to do so. Bonus points if you can get a group together to make it a fun day with friends, as well as helping your community!
We are in the midst of summer, which means we are in the midst of shedding season! Brush your pets to help eliminate the little furballs that wind up in the corners of your rooms. They’ll also love the attention.
Clean out your work bag and get rid of anything that you don’t need for the workday. It’ll lighten your load, literally.
It may seem like an unnecessary task, but you’ll have so much more sight outside if you wash your windows. Not to mention your house will be immaculate.
Sunglasses or eyeglasses, either way, clean your glasses with a cleaner and soft cloth. You’ll be amazed at how much more you’re seeing!
Did you know that you can use vinegar instead of chemicals for cleaning? It’s an all natural disinfectant, and mixed with some warm water, makes for a wonderful floor cleaner. By itself, it can clean glass stove tops, counters, and more.
Maybe you’re super on top of all your cleaning must-dos, but if not, don’t forget to dust your air vents. You don’t want a thin coating of dust blowing out with your air conditioned air.
If you’re looking for a way to streamline your morning routine, try organizing your makeup. Go through it, toss out anything that’s more than a year old, and put it all in specific places, so it’s all there when you need it.
That’s right guys, it’s not just your sheets. Wash your pillows once a month, at least. Don’t forget the comforter too.