One of the biggest tips a top chef will give you while working in the kitchen is to clean as you go. A messy kitchen is not a sign of a good chef, even while preparing a delicious meal, so if you find yourself surrounded by dirty dishes and ingredients strewn about, you may want to change your method. Clean as you go and you won’t dread doing the dishes after dinner.
Try this bowtie lasagna for those nights you’re cramped on time and need a delicious meal the whole family will love!
1 pound ground beef
1 box bowtie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella (there’s a great vegan alternative, if you have any dairy allergies or intolerance)
1 cup sour cream (again, if necessary, there are vegan alternatives)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In separate pan, brown beef and drain excess fat.
- Add pasta to beef pan.
- Drizzle on olive oil, then add sauce, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all together.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Stir over low heat until the cheese melts completely.
That’s it, you’re done! This can literally be ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
This is one of my favorite recipes, I make it all the time, and it is so delicious, not to mention, super easy.
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 container spiralized butternut squash
- 1 whole tomato
- 1 cup of spinach
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- grapeseed oil
How to Prepare:
- Slice all of your vegetables into bite-sized pieces, and add all but the tomatoes and spinach to a skillet with a bit of grapeseed oil in it.
- In a saucepan, boil water, and then add the pasta. I prefer tri-color, but any kind will do.
- Put the skillet on medium-high heat, and cook all the vegetables until soft.
- Once the pasta is al dente, transfer into a large glass bowl. Add the cooked vegetables. Add tomato, spinach, basil, turmeric, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice. I don’t have exacts on that, the seasonings are to taste, and the lemon juice is around 3 tablespoons.
- Mix well, taste, and if necessary, add a bit more lemon juice.
It’s tangy, full of vegetables, and absolutely delicious. Enjoy!