Hey y’all have you ever taken a good look at what’s in some of your skin care? I hadn’t until a few years ago, and I was absolutely blown away by the amount of chemicals, including just “fragrance” which was in everything, including my face toner! Did you fragrance, in that form, not a natural fragrance like we may think of, has actually been linked to cancers? Yeah, definitely not something you want on your skin, even if it does help keep your face clean and clear. Luckily, I found something all natural, that does the same thing. Witch Hazel!
That’s right, I was able to cut out that chemical filled astringent out of my beauty routine with a simple replacement, that’s actually cheaper too. Talk about a win-win. I get to save money and stop putting chemicals on my face that are then absorbed through my skin. I can’t say how these companies are getting away with this, but I do know that you have to be very careful about what products you use. I would have never thought that something I use to help with acne would be chock-full of chemicals, including a bunch that are on the list of known carcinogens. I feel bad, I’ve been using these products since I was a teenager, so knowing that I just didn’t even check what I was putting on my face isn’t the best feeling. But such is life, and now I’m sharing what I found with you all.
You can get Witch Hazel at any store, just a generic brand works fine, I really don’t think there is a difference. And it’s not just me that says to use this stuff, Zendaya has mentioned it in interviews for how she keeps her skin clear too!
I know, I know, it’s Monday, ewwww. But you may find that your attitude towards Mondays shift if you start your day with a grateful spirit. First of all, you’re still alive, and second of all, if you are lucky enough to be heading into work on this day, it means you have a job. There are some who would desperately change places with you, so even if your coworkers are driving you crazy, even if you feel stuck at your job, even if you can’t stand it, try to focus on what you do have. You have an income, you have a schedule in your life, you have something you can count on doing each day, waking up and going into work. It’s important to focus on the positives, even if you aren’t in love with your job 🙂
Hey y’all! So we still have a few weeks of summer, and that means there’s still time for some summer must-reads. I’ve curated this list partially based on books I’ve read myself, as well as recommendations from friends, and of course, books that are making a name for themselves by just being that good. This is a pretty good mix, so if you like romance, there’s some of that, mystery/murder, we have that too. Check it out!
- The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen. Obviously, since she is one of my favorite authors, this one had to be on the list. This is a great summer read, I was captured by it, and no matter your age, this is a YA novel worth the read. Once you get through this one, I recommend reading more of hers, they handle some serious topics, in a very realistic manner, and it’s a refreshing option.
- One of Us Is Lying. I told you I’d give you some murder/mystery too, and this is wonderful for it. You’ll be wondering who did it the entire time, and quite frankly, if you’re a fan of Pretty Little Liars, you’ll enjoy this book too.
- Where the Crawdads Sing. This is on my to be read list, but I’ve heard great things and am looking forward to getting a chance to read it myself.
- The Proposal. This one is your standard summer romance. I didn’t necessarily like the ending, I feel it lacked a bit, but overall the story was enjoyable, and light reading material for soaking up some sun on a beach.
- Every Breathe by Nicholas Sparks. Another one of my favorite authors, I will recommend pretty much any book by him, because his writing and stories are just enthralling. I always find myself getting sucked into them.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson. This was a cute story, I really enjoyed how it progressed, and what the character went through.
- Dear Evan Hansen. Yes, this is the same as the Broadway show, but trust me, you’ll want to read the book. I read this before seeing the show, and honestly, it helped me to understand his character better.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain. Yes, it’s a movie out right now, but it’s also a book, and you should definitely give it a read. I always like to compare the book to the movie, so go get yourself a copy, and then go see this amazing film.
This is just a small list of the amazing books out there. Don’t be afraid to try a new genre, and definitely use your library to check off all of the books on this list. I personally can’t wait to continue reading more books, and finding more stories to fall in love with. Happy reading!
You never know what the day will bring, so hug the ones you love, tell them you love them, and don’t take a single moment for granted.
Try this bowtie lasagna for those nights you’re cramped on time and need a delicious meal the whole family will love!
1 pound ground beef
1 box bowtie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella (there’s a great vegan alternative, if you have any dairy allergies or intolerance)
1 cup sour cream (again, if necessary, there are vegan alternatives)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In separate pan, brown beef and drain excess fat.
- Add pasta to beef pan.
- Drizzle on olive oil, then add sauce, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all together.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Stir over low heat until the cheese melts completely.
That’s it, you’re done! This can literally be ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
We are in the midst of summer, which means we are in the midst of shedding season! Brush your pets to help eliminate the little furballs that wind up in the corners of your rooms. They’ll also love the attention.
Clean out your work bag and get rid of anything that you don’t need for the workday. It’ll lighten your load, literally.
This is something I work on every day, and if you keep up with it, your mindset will soon change. Replace negative thoughts with positives to always see what could be in a good way.
It may seem like an unnecessary task, but you’ll have so much more sight outside if you wash your windows. Not to mention your house will be immaculate.
This is one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies, and it’s a good thing to remember each day. We never know what life will throw at us, so have courage and be kind.