Find the original recipe here: http://turniptheoven.com/easy-no-bake-smores-bars/
This easy no bake s’mores bars recipe will have you feeling like you’re outside near a campfire in no time.
Everyone always says s’mores are a summer snack, but to me, they’re a winter snack. That’s when you’re out sitting by the fire with friends and family, so I always associate them with this time of year.
- 1 whole stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham crackers, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I usually use less salt in my recipes and would take this down to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of mini marshmallows
- Line a 13-x-9-inch baking pan with foil or parchment and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and salt. Beat in the condensed milk. With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the marshmallows.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and use a spatula to press into an even layer. Sprinkle the surface with the remaining chocolate chips and marshmallows, pressing gently. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm.
I don’t about y’all, but some nights I just want a big warm cookie. Buuuuttt, I know if I make a whole batch, I’ll eat way more than I should or have to toss some. So rather than waste ingredients, try the mug cookie!
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 drops pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- a handful of chocolate chips
- Mix all your wet ingredients and sugars together in a large mug.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for one minute. Check beginning at 40 seconds, as some microwaves can cook faster than others.
It’s simple, delicious, and prevents you from having to make a whole batch of cookies when you really only need one.
Hey y’all for this delicious treat, you’ll need some fresh fruit and some liquors, but I promise, this will be much easier than getting hairs of those you wish to turn into.
- 2 kiwis
- 1 apple
- 30 ml white rum
- 30 ml lime juice
Blend up the kiwis and apple after you’ve sliced them into bite-sized chunks. Pour into a cocktail shaker and add rum, lime juice, and ice. Shake, shake, shake, and enjoy your batch of Polyjuice Potion.
This is perfect for Halloween which is coming up this week, and absolutely perfect for any fellow Potterheads! Witches and wizards everywhere can enjoy this delightful green cocktail!
Hey y’all! If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option or even an afternoon snack, look no further than chia seed pudding. It takes literally 4 ingredients or less, and is super easy to make. Check it out! Oh and it also tastes amazing, since that part is super important 🙂
Chia Seed Pudding (Serves 1)
- 1 cup of almond milk (I use Silk Unsweetened Original)
- 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds (I used about 3.5 tablespoons to make mine thicker)
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey (add this at the end, I added mine at the beginning and it didn’t mix too well and wound up at the bottom)
- Fresh fruit to top (I like a good mix of berries)
- Stir in chia seeds in with almond milk until well mixed.
- Put in fridge overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Add honey and fresh fruit when ready to eat.
What did I tell you? Super easy, healthy, and delicious!
If you’re not sure why you need chia seeds, check out this article to read up on this superfood https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds
In the spirit of fall, this recipe comes from https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/healthy-pumpkin-zucchini-chocolate-chip-bread// and looks like an absolutely delectable option for a mid-morning snack that’s guilt-free. Check it out!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to Prepare:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in almond milk.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Add chocolate chips.
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is super easy prep, and will make a delicious fall-themed snack that is perfect for an afternoon party or mid-morning snack with your cup of coffee. Not to mention, it’s got some veggies right in it!
For this refreshing drink you’ll need:
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 9 cups of water, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 tea bags, just plain tea will work best for this
- Add blueberries to one cup of water and bring to a boil. Lower heat, and allow to simmer until blueberries burst.
- Add sugar, the juice from one lemon, and chopped mint to the blueberry water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep about 5 minutes. Drain through a strainer, and set aside to cool.
- Bring the remaining 8 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat, then add the tea bags and let them steep for ten minutes. Set aside to cool after tea bags have been removed.
- Combine blueberry syrup and tea in a pitcher and put in the fridge to cool for several hours.
- Add ice, fresh blueberries and lemon wedges, and serve!
Hey y’all are you ready for some fall? I have been waiting all year for my favorite season, and while it sadly hasn’t arrived here yet, I mean, it is Florida, still enjoying that 90 degree weather, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy the season in my air conditioning! This easy recipe is a great snack to have on-hand and a great way to get into the fall festivities.
- 3 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- one adorable fall cookie cutter (I suggest pumpkins or acorns)
- Cut out shapes in tortillas until all removed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of the tortilla in melted butter
- Coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Set on baking pan lined with wax paper
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crispy
Whether for a school meeting or just as a snack around the house, this is sure to be a hit!
In honor of fall being just around the corner, I present to you, a cinnamon apple breakfast quinoa recipe that is sure to delight your tastebuds and keep you feeling full all morning long! This recipe makes enough for two, so if you’re cooking for more, just go ahead and double or triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup of quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A dash of honey to taste
How To Prepare:
- Put quinoa, water, and apples in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cinnamon, and serve with a dash of honey!
That’s it, it’s super easy! For drool-worthy pics and to check out the original recipe, go here. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
Try this bowtie lasagna for those nights you’re cramped on time and need a delicious meal the whole family will love!
1 pound ground beef
1 box bowtie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded mozzarella (there’s a great vegan alternative, if you have any dairy allergies or intolerance)
1 cup sour cream (again, if necessary, there are vegan alternatives)
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In separate pan, brown beef and drain excess fat.
- Add pasta to beef pan.
- Drizzle on olive oil, then add sauce, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir all together.
- Add cheese and sour cream.
- Stir over low heat until the cheese melts completely.
That’s it, you’re done! This can literally be ready in 30 minutes, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
This is perfect for a party or just having some girls over for a day at the pool. I had meant to make it this weekend when a friend was coming over to catch up, but plans change, so I didn’t wind up making it this weekend, but I can guarantee y’all will love it.
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 peaches
- A handful of raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 bottle of sauvignon blanc
- 1/2 cup peach schnapps
- 1 cup sprite
Put all the fruit and mint leaves in a pitcher, then pour the liquids on top, mix well and allow to cool in the fridge for 2 hours. If you don’t want to wait quite that long, which I totally understand, then go ahead and add ice to speed it up, and enjoy!