Try on your summer clothes, and go through everything and donate or try to resell anything that no longer fits your style.
If you’re trying to update your look, switch out your purse. It’s a cost-effective way to get a whole new look with your outfits each day.
Sometimes we put off having fun in favor of getting chores done, so in honor of Sunday Funday, go do something fun. Whether it’s going to a game or it’s heading to the beach for the day or a theme park, whatever you want to do. Go enjoy yourself!
When it comes to fashion, I love the versatility of it. Sometimes, high fashion is what you go with, at other times, athleisure is the best option. And all of it is fashion. We are wrapping up my favorite season, which means for many, you are getting the last bit of cold and have some warmer weather heading your way. In my case, the majority of the cold weather has come and gone, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve hung up my scarf yet.
I adore scarves, I think they can add a lot to an outfit, and it makes me think of fall and winter, my two favorite seasons. But more than that, I love the versatility of scarves. A scarf really can change everything when it comes to your outfit. This is one of the best ways to dress up what could otherwise be a bit of a boring outfit, by adding a pop of color or a fun pattern to it. Not only that, but scarves come in a variety of styles. You have your thick, heavy winter ones that are perfect for those freezing days out in the snow, and then you have lighter, thinner ones that are perfect for a nice spring day. Personally, I love them both, but realistically, I get more use out of one of the lighter ones. I can pair it with a short sleeve dress, and I’m not sweating by noon, but my dress now has a bit more to it than just the simple dress it was. Same thing with a sweater and a pair of jeans, it can really dress it up and take your outfit up a level.
This one shown above is one of my favorites, and was a Christmas gift. It’s more lightweight, but it was perfect for added warmth on this cold day, and I can’t wait to pair it with a dress for a fashionable work outfit.
Not only that, but these scarves can be styled in a variety of ways. I went with a simple wrap around style, but they can be knotted, they can be twisted, and each version looks awesome.
Deciding what to wear each day can be really difficult, and time-consuming, so save yourself some time in the morning, and plan your outfit for the next day. You’ll be able to get all the accessories together, without feeling rushed or being late to work.
This is one of the easiest ways to fill up your closet or house with those name-brand items you want without breaking the bank. Shop outlets and on sale, as well as other stores like TJ Maxx and Ross. You may have to look for a while to get what you want, but it is worth it.
It’s hard not to compare yourself to others, we do it even subconsciously, so try to make a conscious choice to only compare yourself to you. Make yourself better, don’t focus on where everyone else is in their journey.
Every few months you need to go through and refresh your closet. Go through it, see what doesn’t fit, and either sell it or give it away.
Hey y’all, the spookiest time of the year is upon us, and if you’re trying to be frugal and put money into your savings rather than a new Halloween costume, I got you covered. There are several costume ideas you can use, all with items already in your closet!
- Cowboy/cowgirl. Obviously, as long as you have a plaid shirt, jeans or cutoffs, and a pair of boots, you are good to go. The hat is optional.
- Baby One More Time Britney. Grab a plaid skirt, button down white shirt, and put your hair in some braided pigtails, and add a grey sweater, boom, it’s Britney, b*tch.
- A fanatic. Don all of your favorite team’s sportswear that you own. Wave that giant foam finger proudly as you walk around with your face painted, dressed head to toe in the team colors.
- Cheerleader. Certain tennis skirts look just like a cheerleader skirt. Pair with some tennis shoes, a team shirt, and get some pom poms from the dollar store. Go team!
- Dracula. No cape needed, wear dress slacks, a white button down, and use a red scarf to tie around your waist if you don’t happen to have a red cummerbund. Add some face paint, and you are ready to suck some blood.
- Princess. If you’ve saved your prom ballgown, now is the time to break it out again. Add a sparkly tiara from the dollar store, and do your hair and makeup all pretty, and you are ready Your Highness.
- Audrey Hepburn. Grab that strapless LBD, a string of pearls, black heels, a tiara, and black sunglasses, and you are good to go.
- PLL. This one is great if you have a group of friends, don all black dresses, do your hair and makeup, and make sure to bring along a note from A.
- Mime or Robber. A black and white striped shirt and a dark pair of jeans, all you need now is a face mask, or face paint.
- Sandy. Wear some black faux leather leggings or a pair of tight black pants, a red belt, and an off the shoulder black shirt or crop top. Don’t forget the red lipstick, stud.
- Belle. If you have a yellow dress in your closet, curl your hair, put it half up, wear the dress, and carry a rose.
- Powder Puff Girl. Depending on the dress color in your closet, you can easily become Blossom, Bubbles, or Buttercup with a dress, white knee socks, and black shoes.
- Frat guy. Put on some bright colored shorts, a long sleeve button down, tucked in, wear your sunglasses around your neck, and don’t forget that red solo cup.
- Kim Possible. What’s the sitch? Save the world in a black long sleeve crop top, green jeans or cargo pants, a brown belt, black gloves, and black sneakers.
- Elle Woods. Conquer law school in a pink dress, with a pink bag featuring Bruiser, and some amazing heels.
Hopefully one of these costume ideas will help get you out of that last-minute panic, and help you rock Halloween! The DIY costumes from your closet are easy, and you should have everything you need. Happy Halloween!