Hey y’all, so in case you had forgotten, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, and for many of us, that means we will be celebrating a little bit differently than normal. Did you know that Mother’s Day is one of the busiest days for florists and restaurants next to Valentine’s Day? Well, I know florists are still operating, but I also know many restaurants are still shut down thanks to corona, so everyone who is used to doing a meal out to celebrate may be hurting. Not to mention, now you can’t really take her to see a movie or have a spa day, which may also put you in a bit of a lurch as far as how to celebrate. Luckily, I have compiled some quarantined Mother’s Day ideas to help you out this year.
- Have an at-home spa day. There’s still enough time to place an order of some face masks, new nail polish, hand scrubs, candles, a new robe, and some fuzzy slippers to create a nice at-home spa experience for her. With some nice bubble bath, wine, and some quiet “me time,” moms can relax and unwind, which is not something that’s usually high on a mom’s to-do list.
- Bring Napa Valley home. Pick up some of her favorite wines at the store and create an at-home wine tasting. The internet is a great resource for wine and food pairings, and this can be a nice way to sit outside and enjoy the weather (if it’s nice out).
- Do all the chores that day. That’s right, sometimes all moms want is a day off. Let her do whatever she wants, whether that’s napping or reading a book or lounging by the pool.
- Have a painting day. Is your mom artistic or does she love to paint? If so, get a canvas and some paints, and have a painting party at your house. There are lots of Youtube tutorials that can teach you how to paint something simple like a beach sunset or a bouquet of flowers, and this can be a great way to spend time together and work on a new hobby.
- Create a backyard stay-cation. Maybe you usually go on a trip for this weekend or go to a nice resort. Bring that to your backyard with some outdoor speakers, a lounge chair, pool floats, and some tropical drinks to help transport her out of her backyard. Add some tiki torches and colorful flowers to complete the look.
- Exercise together. If your mom is super into fitness, then get her some new fitness gear or workout clothes (again, if you order through Amazon you can still get it in time), and then spend some time on your fitness app or going through different exercises you find on Pinterest.
- Set her up with an online cooking class. Thank goodness for the Internet right now, am I right? If she loves to cook, then sign her up for an online cooking class and set her up with all the ingredients she’ll need for a fun and tasty afternoon. You can be the sous chef and spend some quality time.
- Facetime with her. If you are not quarantined with your mom, this day can be even trickier, especially if travel plans got cancelled. Luckily, you can easily Facetime her and I am sure that would mean the world to her.
- Send her dinner. Have a gourmet dinner delivered to her door for her to enjoy.
- Flowers. Again, these are a great option, just make sure you order now otherwise the florists won’t be able to fulfill your order on time.
I hope these ideas help, and that you can find a way to make the day special for mom, even during these uncertain times. Whether you are quarantined with her or you are going to make her day special from afar, I have no doubt she will love whatever you have planned.