Let’s face it, life is crazy hectic. I don’t know about y’all, but 2020 has kicked off with a bang and I have had non-stop stuff to do every single day. That often means that I’m struggling to come up with lunches and dinners because I’m running around everywhere. Luckily, for this Wellness Wednesday, I’ve got some healthy meals in a pinch to help you pull something together last minute without going for the fast food option. Don’t get me wrong, I love Chik-Fil-A, but it’s not the best and there are other, better options that don’t require a drive-thru.
Healthy Meals in a Pinch:
- Fruit and yogurt with granola. That’s right, use some Greek yogurt, fresh fruit and granola and you have a light lunch or dinner that can easily be whipped up in literally minutes. You’ll get protein, probiotics, and other good stuff in here, and you won’t feel crummy after eating it.
- Salads. Obviously, if you have the ingredients, a salad can be thrown together pretty quickly and in a pinch, but if you don’t have the traditional lettuce, there are other options that can work for salads that are bit less traditional. A quinoa salad is a healthy and filling option that’ll only take about 30 minutes to prepare. Make the quinoa, add your favorite veggies and some lemon or lime juice for flavor, and enjoy! If you’re missing lettuce but have spinach, that’s another great option for you! Just put your veggies and extras on a bed of spinach instead.
- Chicken and rice bowls. That’s right, this is actually a super easy option and you can make it healthy! Prepare some brown rice and take some pre-cooked sliced chicken, black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, corn, and avocado for a delicious chicken and rice bowl. This is a great option for meal prepping as well.
- Hard boiled eggs, avocado, grilled sweet potato, and tomatoes. All of these ingredients put together make for a healthy, fresh and tasty lunch or dinner.
- Roasted tomato sandwich. This is a great vegan option! Take some bread, add your seasoned fresh tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, and vegan aioli, and toast it lightly on each side like you would a grilled cheese. You can also toast the bread first, then pile everything up and enjoy, depending on your preference.
- Light pasta salad. You can find the recipe here for one of my favorites: https://atomic-temporary-121263986.wpcomstaging.com/2019/01/07/healthy-pasta-salad/
- Zucchini burritos. These are super quick and easy, all you’ll need are fresh zucchini, sliced in half, and top with black beans, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, some Mexican spices, cheese, and pop in the oven for a few minutes. You’ll want to cook the filling ahead of time in a skillet for a few minutes on medium heat, then pop it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
- Turkey sausage skillet. Take pre-cooked turkey sausage or kelbasa (sliced), zucchini, tomatoes, squash, and any other veggies you may want, put it all in a skillet, cook it for about 10 minutes until the veggies are soft, and enjoy!
All of these dinners are great for in a pinch while still being healthy options to keep your body fueled properly and ready to take on whatever life throws your way.