While we are out of winter, others are still in the thick of it, so try a vegetable soup recipe to warm you up from the inside.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups of water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup of pasta of your choice (bowties or mini elbows are a good option)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- one can of kidney beans, undrained (16 oz.)
- one can of tomatoes, undrained (16 oz.)
- one can of tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- Combine, salt and pepper, bay leaf, vegetable broth, garlic, and water in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, and add remaining ingredients to soup.
- Cover and simmer 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf, and enjoy!
- I like mine served with a nice crusty bread, something like a baguette.