One of my favorite dishes is a good shepherd’s pie, but I generally like to tweak the recipes to fit more my tastes and style. Hope y’all enjoy!
- 1 pound ground turkey (if you want to go full vegetarian, this can be cut out, but I like using a lean white meat in mine)
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1 cup of vegetable broth, low or no sodium.
- Garlic to taste
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Mashed potatoes
- Brown your turkey in a large pan.
- Add carrots and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and broth, and cook on medium heat for another 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add garlic and turmeric, and transfer into a baking dish.
- Add prepared mashed potatoes to top, and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the potatoes begin to brown on the top.
This is super quick and easy to make, absolutely loaded with delicious veggies, and a touch of turmeric that won’t affect the taste for some anti-inflammatory properties.