Hey y’all so one thing I’ve really been focusing on lately is my skincare. It’s soo necessary, especially as we age, and there are so many things that can help. So for this Wellness Wednesday, it’s all about our skin.
Fun fact, did you know the skin is the largest organ on the body? Since that’s the case, it’s more important than ever to take care of your skin.
Here are some skincare must do’s:
- Drink water. This is the biggest thing you can do, your skin will be glowing and you’ll feel great!
- Apply a face mask once a week. As someone with sensitive skin, this can be a bit difficult sometimes, and it took some trial and error, but I finally found some that worked well for me and relax my skin without causing irritation. It’s also great for self-care.
- Remove your makeup each night. I’m not going to lie, I slack at this one way too often. But there are studies saying it can age you, not to mention give you acne and other skin issues, so make sure to set aside some time to remove it every single night.
- Use a toner. Even if you don’t have oily skin or an acne issue, use a toner. It’ll help even out your skin tone and keep your skin from getting oily or acne-filled.
- Moisturize. Again, sometimes with oilier skin you may think you don’t need any more moisture, but moisturizing is good for your skin, especially as we get into colder weather (everywhere but Florida anyway).
- Exfoliate weekly. Even if you wash your face every day, build up can still happen, so make sure you exfoliate each week. It’ll help clean out the buildup and gunk that can gather.
- Get a good cleanser. There’s no question that you need a quality cleanser for your skin. I’ve tried several kinds, my favorite is one by SheaMoisture and they have several options.
- Use a jade roller. This is good if you deal with puffiness under your eyes or wake up with some puffy skin one morning. The best part, you can put it in the fridge and it’ll really cool your face down.
- Stop touching your face! Again, this is one thing I’m horrible about, but I’m trying to work on it every day. Touching your face multiple times can cause wrinkles, acne, and more.
- Eat for your skin. You are what you eat, so make sure you are eating healthy foods and nourishing your body and your skin. Cucumbers are not just good for over your eyes 🙂