I think by now we all know how important exercise is. However, did you know the reasoning behind getting in your 10,000 steps a day? Of course, most of us have heard of this goal, but we may not know the reasoning behind it. Luckily, I pulled that information, so you now know why you need to get your steps in!
As with most forms of exercise, getting your steps in is not just to torture you, there are real health benefits to it. So check them out and start walking!
- Increased flexibility. That’s right, just walking can help with that, though I definitely suggest adding something else on too to help keep those muscles loose.
- Burn fat. It’s a form of working out, so of course, by getting those 10,000 steps you are burning calories and fat.
- Promote good digestion. This one may be a bit surprising, it’s actually not something I had known about previously.
- Relieves stress. Especially now that we are getting into cooler weather, there’s nothing like a nice walk outside in the brisk fall air to help you get out of your head and let go of some of that stress.
- Increases energy. All forms of exercise give you more energy after to tackle what’s left of your day, so make sure you hit those step goals!
- Improves posture. This one is important for soo many reasons, the top one being, you don’t want to see a chiropractor once a week for the rest of your life! So stop slouching and get walking!
There have also been a few studies showing women especially are less likely to suffer from medical issues if they get their 10,000 steps a day. So ladies, and gents, please make time for this, and use a tool to help you know if you got your steps. If you have an Apple watch or Fitbit, check those stats! If not, pedometers and other fitness trackers are cheap, and easy to use 🙂