Hey y’all, so I think it’s safe to say by now if you read this blog, you know I’m big on eliminating unnecessary chemicals from my life. Hearing about potential health issues from using certain products just makes me a bit leery of them, and honestly, with so many green cleaners and products on the market now, there’s no reason to keep them in your life. I’ve included some tips on how to switch to green cleaners, and some of my favorite products. Check them out!
- Method cleaners. This brand is available at Target, and I must say, there are so many options! I have laminate flooring in my house, so I have to use a special cleaner for hard floors, guess what, they have one and it smells amazing! They also have anti-bacterial cleaners for the kitchen, bathrooms, etc., as well as no rinse shower cleaners, and even laundry detergents! This is a brand you’ll definitely want to try, I’m impressed with how well it works, and the fact that I’m not using a bunch of chemicals around the house!
- Vinegar. In case you didn’t know, vinegar plus water makes a great all natural tile and counter top cleaner. Just mix them together, and start mopping. This is something my mom has done my entire life, and it not only offers a very clean smell, but it also cleans up all the gunk that can gather on the floors as we, and our pets, walk around.
- Baking soda and vinegar drain cleaner. Oh yeah, say goodbye to Draino Plumber! If you pour some baking soda and vinegar down the drain, it’ll clear up those clogs. You then can flush with hot water. Now, this one may take more time, but hey, you’re using all natural ingredients, and is probably even cheaper.
- Nature’s Miracle for Pets. This is a product that is non-toxic for your fur babies, and as an added bonus, is an enzyme cleaner, which all pet owners know they need to have on-hand in case of an accident. The enzymes will actually break down the mess, so you’re not just disguising the smell, but actually eliminating it.
- Baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. This is a great combination for a sink cleaner that won’t smell bad and is something you can DIY with ingredients you likely already have! Just sprinkle it around, scrub, and rinse away.
Whether you are trying to eliminate some extra chemicals in your life or are just trying to save by DIYing your own cleaners, these are great options for you to try.