This is one of my all-time favorite recipes y’all, and one taste and you will agree. This is my mom’s recipe, and while I have tried to make it, it’s not quite as good as hers, but it’s a delicious option when you need some comfort food.
4-6 pieces of chicken
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
Water – to be determined
Butter for bottom of pan
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter in skillet
- Rinse chicken
- Mix flour and seasonings in large bowl
- Coat chicken in flour and seasonings
- On medium-high heat, brown both sides of chicken
- When browned, add a couple cups of water, turn to medium-low heat to simmer
- Add portions of the flour mixture to thicken gravy
- Add water as necessary.
- Check the chicken every 10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan, but let simmer for 30 minutes
- Make a side of rice to go under the chicken and gravy
Be careful with the flour and gravy, the first time I made it, I had a gallon of gravy by the time I was done. If it’s a little thick or thin, that’s ok. If you have extras, Huskies love this stuff, at least mine did!