Wow your guests with my gram’s homemade apple pie recipe. This was a staple at my house during Thanksgiving, and remains one of my all-time favorite pies.
- 5 sliced apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pie crust (2- one for top and one for bottom) (From scratch or pre-made, both work.)
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Add flour.
- Put apples in crust. Pile them heavier towards the middle.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture on top.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter on top in the center.
- Put crust on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes. When juice bubbles in the center, it is done.
I hope y’all enjoy my gram’s pie recipe as much as I do!