Hey y’all, the spookiest time of the year is upon us, and if you’re trying to be frugal and put money into your savings rather than a new Halloween costume, I got you covered. There are several costume ideas you can use, all with items already in your closet!
- Cowboy/cowgirl. Obviously, as long as you have a plaid shirt, jeans or cutoffs, and a pair of boots, you are good to go. The hat is optional.
- Baby One More Time Britney. Grab a plaid skirt, button down white shirt, and put your hair in some braided pigtails, and add a grey sweater, boom, it’s Britney, b*tch.
- A fanatic. Don all of your favorite team’s sportswear that you own. Wave that giant foam finger proudly as you walk around with your face painted, dressed head to toe in the team colors.
- Cheerleader. Certain tennis skirts look just like a cheerleader skirt. Pair with some tennis shoes, a team shirt, and get some pom poms from the dollar store. Go team!
- Dracula. No cape needed, wear dress slacks, a white button down, and use a red scarf to tie around your waist if you don’t happen to have a red cummerbund. Add some face paint, and you are ready to suck some blood.
- Princess. If you’ve saved your prom ballgown, now is the time to break it out again. Add a sparkly tiara from the dollar store, and do your hair and makeup all pretty, and you are ready Your Highness.
- Audrey Hepburn. Grab that strapless LBD, a string of pearls, black heels, a tiara, and black sunglasses, and you are good to go.
- PLL. This one is great if you have a group of friends, don all black dresses, do your hair and makeup, and make sure to bring along a note from A.
- Mime or Robber. A black and white striped shirt and a dark pair of jeans, all you need now is a face mask, or face paint.
- Sandy. Wear some black faux leather leggings or a pair of tight black pants, a red belt, and an off the shoulder black shirt or crop top. Don’t forget the red lipstick, stud.
- Belle. If you have a yellow dress in your closet, curl your hair, put it half up, wear the dress, and carry a rose.
- Powder Puff Girl. Depending on the dress color in your closet, you can easily become Blossom, Bubbles, or Buttercup with a dress, white knee socks, and black shoes.
- Frat guy. Put on some bright colored shorts, a long sleeve button down, tucked in, wear your sunglasses around your neck, and don’t forget that red solo cup.
- Kim Possible. What’s the sitch? Save the world in a black long sleeve crop top, green jeans or cargo pants, a brown belt, black gloves, and black sneakers.
- Elle Woods. Conquer law school in a pink dress, with a pink bag featuring Bruiser, and some amazing heels.
Hopefully one of these costume ideas will help get you out of that last-minute panic, and help you rock Halloween! The DIY costumes from your closet are easy, and you should have everything you need. Happy Halloween!